Volunteer Counselling Placements
Do you want to become a Volunteer Counsellor but don't have the necessary experience? You can gain these skills through our affiliated partner.
JMC Counselling and Training partner the Mid-Ulster Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MACP), also based in Coalisland Co Tyrone, who provide all of our students with placement opportunities.
Our counselling placements offer a great opportunity to work with adults, children and young people in a safe therapeutic setting. Through various methods, techniques and theories our counsellors provide all our clients with the opportunity to be heard and to express their feelings.
You can help us reach those who are suffering from mental health anguish, address their issues in a safe, confidential and therapeutic way.
What you will gain
· The necessary experience to gain a full accredited qualification, which is accredited through the National Counselling Society (NCS). This qualification allows you to practice as a fully qualified therapist;
· A well-structured placement in a supportive,
comfortable and modern facility;
· Clinical hours towards accreditation;
· Supervision is provided by a clinically qualified Supervisors;
· Developmental training and access to a variety of high quality clinical workshops;
· Career opportunities: a substantial number of our volunteers grow to potential
Your Counselling Placement structure
You decide when you wish to counsel. You can counsel anytime time during the week, and any time during the day or night; we will permit students to counsel up to 5 clients per week.
What we ask of you
To take up a clinical placement, you will need to have completed the Aim Awards level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, and at least 25%-50% of your Diploma in Counselling through JMC Counselling and Training and through Aim Awards at Level 4.
UNFORTUNALEY JMC COUNSELLING & TRAINING CANNOT OFFER PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ANYONE WHO DOES NOT STUDY THROUGH JMC COUNSELLING AND TRAINING. IN ADDITION, WE CANNOT ADVISE WHO, OR WHAT ORGANISATION CAN OFFER ALTERNATIVE PLACEMENTS. STUDENTS WHO STUDY WITH OTHER TRAINING PROVIDERS, YOU WILL NEED TO ENQUIRE THROUGH YOUR RESPECTED TRAINING ORGANISATIONS WHAT ALTERNATIVE ORGANISATIONS MAY BE IN A POSITION TO OFFER THOSE WHO DO NOT STUDY THROUGH JMC, A PLACEMENT.
JMC Counselling & Training
60 Cluaneo Meadows Coalisland
Co. Tyrone BT71 5EN
Tel: 028 8774 6582028 8774 6582